FAQs – Below you will find the questions we encounter the most regarding our services.
What do I need to get started?
When you apply for a PCO car with Hirebrid, we require the following documents to get you set up and running on the road:
- Driving license (front and back)
- PCO license (front)
- PCO paper certificate
- 2 proofs of address
Documents are then cross-checked with the DVLA to check for any points or disqualifications which may be on your driving documents. Once everything comes back to us from the DVLA PCO license, we will contact the insurance company. They will then add the car onto the insurance policy and add you as a named driver on the PCO and UBER ready car.
How quickly can I get a car?
Depending on the time of day that you apply, generally, we can have you in a car on the same day. Please note that this is dependent on availability on the day you enquire and assuming that all necessary background checks come back without any delays/issues. For the most up to date availability on cars please call our office on 020 7722 0020.
Are there any upfront fees?
At Hirebrid, we pride ourselves on our transparency and honesty with our customers so that you don’t get any nasty hidden surprises or sneaky charges! With that being said the only upfront fee is a £500 refundable deposit (non-refundable on the R2B scheme). The deposit is refundable on the basis that the car is returned back to us in the condition that it was taken out.
What if I bring the car back with small dents or marks?
The PCO hire car that you are hiring is covered by insurance for any accidents which occur. If there is a dent or any marks on the car which were not there before you took the car from us, you will be required to pay for the cost of repair. As an on-going commitment to our customers to ensure they are getting the best PCO car hire service, we will only charge at COST price for the repair works that are required; this is generally taken out from your deposit.
What payment methods do you accept?
- We accept all forms of payment and card types, direct debit or credit. Please note that cheques are not accepted.
- The majority of drivers choose to go with our direct debit (standing order) offering which is hassle-free and can be set up in a matter of minutes. Should you wish to choose this method of payment please give us a call and we’d be happy to get you set up.
When is payment taken out of my account?
Payment should be made every Friday by 3 pm via using a standing order.
Does my car come with insurance?
Absolutely! All our cars come with insurance as standard to help give you peace of mind but most importantly to keep you safe on the road!
Can I use my own insurance?
No, you cannot use your own insurance
How much is the insurance excess?
Insurance excess is £500. Anything over and above this figure is taken care of by our insurance.
What is a PCO car?
- A PCO car is different from your regular member of the public car. A PCO car is specifically used only for carrying and ferrying passengers to and from a particular pickup point to a destination of their choosing. There are a number of operators that PCO drivers work with, the most popular being Uber.
- PCO cars are required to be licenced by TFL. You have to have a PCO licence to drive a PCO car and you cannot use your existing driving license – a specific PCO license is required.
- PCO stands for Public Carriage Office. This is generally seen as the name for the licence, however, Uber now falls under the same category, due to the popularity of the app and the fact that the majority of drivers use the app.
What is Rent to Buy?
- Our rent to buy scheme is a scheme whereby the driver of a PCO car can own the car within 2 (full time) – second hand or 3 (part-time) – Brand new years. (not part time and full time)
- Vehicles come with Fully Comprehensive Insurance and Servicing. Maintenance is the sole responsibility of the customer – there is a minimum term of 6 months.
- Rent 2 Buy Brand New (part time R2B customer) – £250/week for 3 years
- Rent 2 Buy Preowned 66 Reg (full time R2B customer) – £250/week for 2 years
- £500 non-refundable deposit
PCO Rental car for PCO drivers
- Vehicles come with Fully Comprehensive Insurance, Servicing, Maintenance and 24-hour breakdown cover. (Must stay in their contract until end date)
- Rent 1 month – £250/week
- Rent 2 months – £235/week
- Rent 3 months – £225/week
- £500 refundable deposit
What happens if I received a fine or PCN?
If you receive a fine or PCN, they will come to us; Hirebrid is the registered owner of the vehicle. We will contact the relevant council/borough to pass on liability to yourself as the named driver at the time of the offence. You will then have the option to either pay the fine or contest this depending on the circumstances under which the PCN or fine was issued.
What should I do in the event of an accident?
Should you, unfortunately, be involved in an accident, we advise the following steps:
- If possible, please ensure that the engine is left running. This allows the onboard camera to carry on recording and capture any discussions you may have with the person involved in the accident.
- Please stop as soon as it is safe to do so. Remember that it is your legal obligation to stop as soon as possible.
- Take down as many details as possible, such as:
- Name of the party involved.
- Contact details.
- Insurance details of all parties involved.
- Make/model/car colour and registration plate of the vehicle(s) involved.
- Details of any witnesses or any injuries sustained by anyone.
What do I pay if I am involved in an accident?
If you are involved in an accident, all you have to pay is your excess of £500. If it is non-fault, you can get this back in the future once Haven has recovered it from the third party.
Does an accident affect my insurance?
If you have a non-fault this should not affect you. If you have a fault accident, this may affect you in the future if you try to obtain your own insurance.
Who should I contact in the event of an accident?
Once you have taken down all the details, you must call our insurance company, Haven, immediately. Haven can be contacted on 07132 747100. From here, send us an email on email@example.com with the same details you provided Haven along with any pictures you have.