This article is designed to help the PCO driver around town. Please see below for roadworks which will be going on in and around London during September 2018.
More information can be found at www.tfl.gov.uk
- There has been roadworks going on in Baker Street for a long time.
- Phase 3 of the roadworks started in Late may 2018 and are going to continue until early 2019.
- The roads affected will be Baker Street, Park road, Gloucester Place and Dorset road junction also.
TFL has also mentioned on their website that there will be lane closures in place for PCO vehicles.
These will be in the following areas
08:00 Monday 3 September to 17:00 Sunday 2 December
- Lane closures will be in place on Oxford Street near Portman Street and Orchard Street. Access will be maintained in both directions
08:00 Saturday 6 October to 17:00 Sunday 7 October (contingency 08:00 Saturday 13 October to 17:00 Sunday 14 October)
- Oxford Street will be closed in both directions between Portman Street and Orchard Street
08:00 Monday 3 December to 17:00 Friday 14 December
- Oxford Street will be closed to eastbound traffic between Portman Street and Orchard Street. Access will be maintained for westbound traffic
(Source: TFL website)
Tideway at Victoria Embankment
A 25km long underground sewer is being built as this is now at capacity. Expect works to continue until 2021. Current roads affected are as below.
Northumberland Avenue to Horse Guards Avenue
Two-way traffic along Victoria Embankment will be maintained throughout the works.
Some overnight lane closures will be required throughout – dates will be confirmed once they are known. Two way access will be maintained at all times.
The changes to the Cycle Superhighways at Blackfriars will mean that on the Victoria Embankment slip road, westbound traffic is diverted.
A signed diversion route is in place. For westbound access to Victoria Embankment:
- Travelling north on Blackfriars Road: use Stamford Street, IMAX roundabout, Waterloo Bridge, Strand, Arundel Street and Temple Place
- Travelling south on New Bridge Street: use Fleet Street, Strand, Arundel Street and Temple Place
Highbury Corner Roundabout
There is a lot of work being done in Highbury corner roundabout. This includes building a new cycle route, redesigning the roundabout so that there is access to two way traffic, and build public access space for the arboretum.
This work has been going on for a while so be careful of any restrictions in place. These works will be carrying on until 2019 so it pays to be wary of any signs.
- Roads in and around the area will be busier than usual, especially during the peak times of 07:00-10:00 and 16:00-19:00 Monday to Friday, and 10:00-18:00 at weekends
- Lane closures, parking and turning restrictions will be in place at different times along the route and in the surrounding area
- Some streets may be closed at certain times
- Allow more time to complete your journey, seek alternative routes and when possible travel outside peak times
These are just some of the events happening around London which will affect the traffic flow around the city.
Please be vigilant and aware of any restrictions which are in place on roads during this month.
Thank you for reading and please share if you liked this article.