As a PCO driver in London, you drive some very busy roads and an accident can happen at any time. Whether it was your fault or not, having Private Hire Insurance is important. There are thousands of accidents every year in London alone and that number increases as weather conditions deteriorate.
Even if you are a safe driver, you cannot control the drivers around you. They might become distracted long enough to not see your car in front of them. Especially in London where there have been a lot of accidents recently.According to Direct line group “62,901 vehicles were involved in accidents caused by speeding in the last five years”.
If you do get into an accident and you do not have the correct insurance, you could end up spending thousands trying to cover the loss. Let us take a look at some reasons that you should have private hire insurance as a PCO driver in London.
Here are some reasons why you need private hire insurance
1. Private hire insurance is required by law – All PCO drivers must have private hire insurance. In the event of an accident, your private hire insurance will provide coverage for you AND your passenger. Your vehicle and the other vehicle will also be covered if you were found out to be at fault. As stated by TFL on their website “private hire vehicles must still be covered by hire or reward insurance at the point of licensing and when in use as a private hire vehicle”. This shows how important it is that cars are insured correctly on the road.
2. It protects you from uninsured drivers – If you are involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, your private hire insurance will cover the damage to your vehicle as well as any medical costs for you and your passenger. If there is no insurance then this turns into a criminal investigation and the police can become involved.
3. It protects you even if the accident was your fault – If the accident was your fault and you hit another car then the insurance will protect all of the costs. pedestrian or you damaged property with your PCO car, private hire insurance will provide coverage and protect your legal expenses.
4. It saves you money – Yes, private hire insurance can save you money. Without insurance, an accident can cost you thousands and you might not be able to afford to repair or replace your PCO car. Having private hire insurance will ensure that your vehicle’s damage is covered as are your medical expenses.
5. Private hire insurance can save you time – If you are ever involved in an accident, it is a time consuming and stressful process to have your car inspected and appraised and then either repaired or replaced. A Private hire insurance agent will do this for you. Having private hire insurance is very necessary and important for a PCO driver in London and many private hire operators will not hire you without it.
If you have enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it on your favourite social media sites.