NEW MOT RULES have caught 10 million Brits off guard!!!
Unless you were living under a rock there is a high chance you would have heard of the new MOT rules which came into force last year
Some drivers have been fined £2,500 for failing the MOT and for not having a correct certificate. This is in addition to getting six points. Around 2.8 million drivers were given a dangerous category when they went to get their MOT’s done. This means that they have to fix the problem then and there before they can get behind the wheel of their car. Therefore, make sure that you have the right certificate and you pass your MOT.
Here are some pointers to help you and what you should have for your car to pass the MOT test.
- Check the screenwash, brake fluid and oil level. Make sure they are topped up and if they are not then top them up to the correct level.
- Make sure that your horn is working. Give it a couple of honks to double check.
- Check that the windscreen wipers are in good working condition and work properly. If they are not replace them before doing the MOT.
- Check the tyre tread of all tyres and make sure they are within the limit. Make sure they are filled with the correct air pressure as this can affect different things such as how much fuel you use.
- Make sure that all the lights are in working order. Check the indicators and front and brake lights regularly.
- Make sure the headlights and the number plates are clean and clear of any dirt.
- Make sure that nothing is obstructing your view of the road. Any mobiles or cameras should be out of the way.
- Test the wheel alignment, wheel steering and the brakes so that they work properly when carrying out the MOT.
We hope this article has helped you pass your MOT if you have not already or if you are close to renewing it again.
If you have enjoyed this article and think someone will benefit from the advice in here then please share with friends and family.